We are in an extremely serious health situation, especially in the Valencian Community. Currently, according to the indicators, we are at alert level 4, extreme risk. Therefore, the Generalitat Valenciana has adopted very restrictive measures, which are intended to slow down the number of contagions, hospital admissions and deaths of this third wave of the Covid-19 pandemic. We hope that these measures will have an effect and that in the upcoming weeks we will see a clear improvement in the health situation.
From the organization we are working to obtain the necessary permits to hold the races, as well as carrying out the protocols to ensure the safe celebration of the event. Our desire is to be able to organize a new edition of Penyagolosa Trails on schedule, but it will depend on how the pandemic evolves. Therefore, a final decision on the holding of the event will be communicated by mid February.
We understand the uncertainty felt by many runners who want to be on the starting line of the MiM or the CSP and who are doing all the preparation. We share the same feeling, but the first priority of the organization of Penyagolosa Trails HG has always been to ensure the safety of everyone: runners, volunteers, organizational staff, public and local population in general. And this is going to remain our priority when it comes to making a final decision.
Now is the time to take care and act with individual responsibility. If we do it, we will begin to bend the curve of this third wave of the pandemic.
Best wishes and much health!